Full Tour (Climbing/Abseiling/Via Ferrata)
Meeting point is the RCC shop. The crew dispense the necessary gear to the clients. After that, the guide takes the clients to the Tafelberg, which is a 10-minute drive with our minivan.
From the point where the RCC van gets parked, it’s around 15 minutes hiking to reach the climbing zone. If it’s the clients first time rock climbing ever, the guide gives a clear explanation of the basics. Subsequently, the clients climb while the guides belay them.
After the climbing, the guide takes the clients to the Via Ferrata. After having received clear instructions, the clients ascend the Via Ferrata under the guide’s surveillance. The VF brings them to the top of the Tafelberg, which is a big platform.
Next up is the Proa Lookout point, which is located on top of the Tafelberg. The group has a small break there, while enjoying the view.
Thereafter, it’s time for the abseiling. The guide gives instructions and explanation concerning the techniques and safety for the abseiling. Each client descends through ‘el Abismo’, a big hole at 50 meters of altitude.
Experience is not required for this tour, any beginner can
This tour takes 4-5 hours
- For beginners: discovering a new sport
- Challenging yourself in a spectacular way
- The sense of accomplishment after reaching the top of a climbing route
- The sensation of climbing the Tafelberg independently with the help of the Via Ferrata
- The view from the Proa lookout point
- Descending through ‘el Abismo’ as good as independently
- Access to Santa Barbara Plantation
- Access to the Tafelberg
- Rent for all the climbing gear
- At least one guide
Put on sporty clothes
Put on hiking shoes. If you don’t have those, we recommend comfortable sneakers that can get dirty.
You’ll want to have something to drink during this activity. You can either bring your own water or buy cold beverages at our shop (you’ll only pass by our shop if the Tafelberg is the location you picked).
We recommend bringing a small snack.
Solo or group experienced climbers must check in at the shop, sign the waiver and pay the entrance fee US$30
Full Tour (Climbing/Abseiling/Via Ferrata)minimum two persons (single $150)
– Start Time (s): 08:00 or 14:00
– Available Days: Wednesday to Sunday
– Duration: 4 – 5 hrs
– Languages of the Tour: English or Dutch/Spanish, depending on client
– Meeting Place: RCC Shop at Santa Barbara entrance
– Pick Up Times and Location: Anywhere, anytime that is convenient. Max 6 pers
– Max Pax (people) per tour: 25 / Min Pax (people) per tour: 2 (1 person is also possible, for $150 USD)
– Minimum Age: 6
Need More Information?
If you have a question about our services or have a special request, please contact us!