Half Day + Via Ferrata
What is a Via Ferrata?
A Via Ferrata is a course set out with a fixed steel cable along a rock wall. The difference with normal rock climbing is that the climber secures himself/herself using the iron cable, instead of a second person belaying the climber via a rope.
Our guides make sure that the activity is very safe. Climbing experience is not required for this activity, any beginner can do it!
Meeting point is the RCC shop. The crew dispense the necessary gear to the clients. After that, the guide takes the clients to the Tafelberg, which is a 10-minute drive with our minivan. From the point where the RCC van gets parked, it’s around 15 minute hike to reach the Via Ferrata.
After having received clear instructions, the clients ascend the Via Ferrata under the guide’s surveillance. The VF brings them to the top of the Tafelberg, which is a big platform. Thereafter, the guide takes the clients to the climbing one. If it’s the clients first time rock climbing ever, the
guide gives a clear explanation of the basics. The clients get to climb, while the guides belay them.
This activity takes around 4 hours.
- For beginners: discovering a new sport
- Challenging yourself in a spectacular way
- The sense of accomplishment after reaching the top of a climbing route
- Access to Santa Barbara Plantation
- Access to the Tafelberg
- Rent for all the climbing gear
- At least one guide
Put on sporty clothes
Put on hiking shoes. If you don’t have those, we recommend comfortable sneakers that can get dirty.
You’ll want to have something to drink during this activity. You can either bring your own water or buy cold beverages at our shop (you’ll only pass by our shop if the Tafelberg is the location you picked).
We recommend bringing a small snack.
Solo or group experienced climbers must check in at the shop, sign the waiver and pay the entrance fee US$30
Half day + Via Ferrataminimum two persons (single $120)
– Start Time (s): 08:00 or 14:00
– Available Days: Wednesday to Sunday
– Duration: 4 hrs
– Languages of the Tour: English or Dutch/Spanish, depending on client
– Meeting Place: RCC Shop at Santa Barbara entrance
– Pick Up Times and Location: Anywhere, anytime that is convenient. Max 6 pers
– Max Pax (people) per tour: 25 / Min Pax (people) per tour: 2 (1 person is also possible, for $120 USD)
– Minimum Age: 6
Need More Information?
If you have a question about our services or have a special request, please contact us!